textbook: study of how humans use language/ symbols to influence beliefs, attitudes, and the actions of other people.
dictionary: language used to influence people, and it may not be honest or reasonable. (Merriam Webster)
Internet: speaking or writing that is used to persuade people. Found Here
- Simile: Compares one thing to another. Found in book.
- Counterpoints: Contrasting ideas. Ex. black/white and good/bad.Found Here
- Imagery: Language that uses one or all of the five senses.Found Here
Allegory: A narrative in which the characters and/ or behavior show symbolism on many levels. Found Here
- Enumeratio: Makes points with details. Ex. Renovations Found Here
- Antithesis: makes a connection between two things. Found Here